Who are we?
Head Start Children’s Therapy Services is a Rockhampton based private practice, established in 2014. We work with Central Queensland children, young people, families and those that support them.
Head Start Children’s Therapy Services offers a caring, fun and playful environment where families can discuss concerns in detail. We provide comprehensive assessments, and in collaboration with families can provide regular therapy to help children develop the skills they need.
Services can be offered through individual therapy, family therapy, group sessions and individually tailored training programs.
Our mission is to provide comprehensive allied health support to infants, children and young people. We are passionate about working with families to help clients reach their potential to live, learn and play.
Principal Occupational Therapist, Kristy is passionate about using a family centred approach to support children master the activities they participate in every day. She completed a Bachelor of Occupational Therapy in 2007, with additional Post Graduate Qualifications in Mental Health Sciences. Kristy has experience working with clients across the lifespan, from infancy to later years in life. She particularly enjoys working with people under the age of twenty-five and their families.
In her spare time Kristy enjoys travelling and enjoying Central Queensland with her husband and family.
Support health, wellbeing and independence for families in the CQ area.
We are strongly guided by the following values:
- Integrity: We act with the highest ethical and professional standards demonstrating honesty and fairness in our work.
- Commitment: We are committed to providing quality services to clients, with staff participating in ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Continuity: We ensure the therapist you see at the beginning of your child’s therapeutic journey will support you throughout.
- Innovation: To be creative and dynamic, anticipating change and strengthening our service provision through adaptation.
- Enjoyment: To ensure our staff and clientele enjoy and are empowered by therapeutic journeys.
- Teamwork: To collaborate with those around the child and support a diverse, multidisciplinary approach to provide optimal client care.